“Intimacy is not purely physical. It’s the act of connecting with someone so deeply, you feel like you can see into their soul.”
Your intimate relationship with your partner and your own sexual identity are integral to overall health and wellbeing.
It can feel distressing and hopeless to be disconnected from yourself or your partner.
How do you tell your partner that you are worried about your marriage?
What can you do when sex feels mechanical, like a chore, or just clunky and too much effort?
Who can you talk to when performance has become an issue or there is pain with intercourse?
How do you cope, heal and trust again when your partner has/had a sex addiction?
Sexual Health: Dealing With Deeper Issues
Angela works with your most sensitive topics from a behavioral and emotional lens.
Through her experience working with couples and her own personal journey, Angela feels strongly that sexual health in a relationship is paramount to overall mental and emotional well-being. Our bodies are the living vessel that holds our spirit and connects us to ourselves, each other, and our spiritual vitality.
Angela’s work encompasses a wide range of sexual health. The following list are some areas that are often seen but is not exhaustive of her work:
- Sex after significant life events like pregnancy and birth, injury, medical diagnosis
- PTSD and historical trauma of sexual abuse and harassment
- Persistent recurrent problems with sexual response, desire and orgasm
- Sexual performance issues and wanting to explore the psychological components of your sexual response
- Dry spells in relationships due to medical issues (diabetes, medication management) as well as emotional disconnect from partner
- Sexual pain/pelvic pain/pain with intercourse
- Concerns about fantasies and eroticism for yourself or your partner
- Extra-martial relationships including emotional and physical affairs and infidelity, pornography, sexting, and “walking the ‘grey’ zone” of a relationship with someone else.
- Concerns about your engagement in intimate relationships outside of your primary partnership
- Female sex-addiction and serial monogamy
- Sex addiction and partners of sex addicts
- Differing sex drives, styles, and sex interests
While this list attempts to be comprehensive, it may not include everything that Angela can help with. Angela will let you know if she can help your particular situation and if not, will refer you to someone who can.