Couples Counseling & Sexual Addiction Therapy
For my work with couples, I use Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples.
The goals of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) include helping each partner become more aware of the emotions driving the negative cycle. Never is EFT about identifying one partner or spouse as “the problem.” Instead, the negative cycle of conflict is the problem to be addressed and changed.
The objective of EFT is for both partners to learn to better manage their emotions and develop more loving interactions. More important is for both to learn how to speak in kinder and more vulnerable ways. As a result couples learn to create stronger emotional attachments. Then they are in a much better place to solve old problems and
My area of focus in counseling is to work with men who struggle with sexual addictive behaviors and marriages that have lost the emotional connection and therefore is in great distress.
I earned a Masters Degree in Counseling from Denver Seminary and I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Texas (#80083). I participate in forums on pornography and sexual compulsion, and I also give presentations on sexual addition.
I am trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for the treatment of trauma and have received additional EMDR training for trauma associated with both addictive behaviors and anger.
So…What else about me?
- I’m a licensed counselor in the awesome state of Texas, specializing in relationships and sexual addiction.
- I’m the fourth child five from California.
- I love running half marathons and dream about running a full.
- I have a great sense of humor (which is often part of my counseling sessions….so be ready to laugh).
- My wife, kids, and I lived 17 years in Denver Colorado before moving to the Round Rock Texas area.
- I have been a Christian my whole life and I am so grateful for the mercy, forgiveness, grace, and love that Jesus continuously gives me!
- We own a Westie Terrier and a very large Yorkie Terrier.
- I love the sunshine, warm weather, and getting up early. Yes, I am a morning person and love a cup of coffee first thing in the day.
- My wife and I dream of visiting Europe one day.
- I am beyond grateful I get to do what I deeply love. Everyday.
- And my clients inspire me everyday. Their dedication, commitment, and determination leaves me speechless
I believe each of us has been created for a purpose. My purpose is helping couples rediscover lasting love and a stronger bond. I guide struggling couples, who often have lost hope, back toward one another to a secure and solid relationship. And I help men struggling with sexual addiction to find healing and freedom.
When we work together, whether you’re reading my articles on relationships or sex addiction recovery, signing up for a session, group, or a Hold Me Tight workshop, the first thing you’ll get from me is my strong commitment. Commitment to support you and your partner strengthen your marriage or guide you away from destructive addictive behaviors into a life worth living.
What you will experience from me is that I am 100% in your corner, always believing in the best of you and helping you when it gets painful and hard. Because it hard! Most everything worth achieving in life is difficult but I am here to cheer you on because you are worth it! I love being part of your healing journey!
I extensively study relationships, love, attachment and healing from the wounds of sex addiction. I highly prioritize continuing my training and learning to ensure I’m consistently giving my clients nothing but the best.
My plan to to begin scheduling new clients in the Round Rock Texas area in August 2019.